Instructor: Tracey Lovejoy (Catalyst Constellations & Lovejoy Consulting)
Researchers are inherently change agents. You identify opportunities for optimization and innovation for your teams and organizations. You identify opportunities for change. You take steps to drive that change forward. And although your organization has asked this of you, a common companion to driving change is resistance. This tutorial explores how to manage resistance to change to maximize your success.
Participants will learn and practice:
- 5 tips for managing resistance to change
- Building a plan to manage resistance you are facing or have faced
- Articulating your plan and receiving feedback from peers that also experience resistance
- What research has to say about attributes that make change agents most successful
During this interactive session, participants will work on articulating their vision for change, mapping support and resistance within their own network and receiving helpful ideas from their fellow attendees.
- Participants should bring examples of current resistance they are experiencing, or have experienced in their past.
- There will be a light reading assignment to be completed before the tutorial.
Tracey Lovejoy is the co-founder of EPIC, an anthropologist, and a longtime amplifier of Catalysts. For many years she drove innovation at Microsoft by connecting designers and engineers to the needs of their customers and managing teams to catalyze change. Today Tracey is a coach for change makers. She’s supported Catalysts and their teams in a wide variety of large organizations, such as Amazon, Facebook, Steelcase, Microsoft, Intel, Vodafone, and Redfin. She also works with individual movers and shakers, entrepreneurs, and small business owners across many industries including healthcare, education, technology, professional services, retail, and food service. She also teaches the EPIC Course “Maximizing Your Impact as a Change Agent”.
How to Register
Tutorials are optional sessions open to all EPIC2019 attendees on a first-come, first-served basis. No on-site registration. To add a Tutorial to your EPIC2019 agenda, log into your EPIC account and modify your conference registration. Questions? email@example.com